Our firm has had an active trial and appellate practice for more than 85 years, and for the past 40 years, we've focused on the representation of injured individuals. Our extensive experience and community knowledge have led us to be the prime law firm for personal injury and workers' compensation cases.
- October 1936 - Mel Light, a well-known local attorney, and Willis S. Siferd, a newly admitted attorney, joined together to form the law firm eventually known as Light & Siferd.
- Mel's son, Robert Light, eventually joined the firm and it became Light, Siferd & Light.
- Robert Light was later appointed Common Pleas Judge.
- Raymond Eaton joined the firm, the name became Siferd & Eaton.
- In 1973, Richard Siferd returned to join the firm.
- Ray Eaton was tragically killed in a fire and the firm became Siferd & Siferd.
- Later, Jeffrey L. Reed joined the firm and the firm became known as Siferd & Reed.
- In 1997, Holly McCluskey joined the firm.
- In 1998, Jeffrey L. Reed was elected Common Pleas Judge.
- In 2000, the firm became Siferd & McCluskey.
- In 2015, Holly McCluskey retired.
- In 2018, the firm became Siferd & Associates.
Our practice largely represents injured parties in both workers' compensation and accident cases. We are the oldest and largest firm representing claimants in this geographic area. We are "AV" rated by Martindale Hubbell, which is the highest-ranking given, and we are designated as a "Preeminent Law Firm" by the same organization.
Having an active trial practice helps us in other areas of the law. We also represent local businesses and families in business and family matters. In handling these types of matters, we realize the benefits and detriments of going to court over a dispute. Those dealing with us over a disputed matter can rest assured knowing we can and will go to court to defend our clients, if necessary.
The lawyers in the firm live in Allen or surrounding counties, and all have raised families here. This gives us a unique perspective on the pulse of this community. Our practice carries us into all the surrounding counties and over the years we have handled cases in most of the populous counties in the state. Our staff has been with us for years and in some cases, for decades. You will find them helpful, courteous, and highly skilled.